Thursday, April 20, 2017

It's Ok NOT to Be Gray


video

There is supposed to be a short video that I made right here. ↑ (You can see my new haircut!) For some reason though, Blogger's video platform is malfunctioning at the moment. Until the new video gets up, or even just because, please run over to How Bourgeois' Facebook page to see the video and join in more How Bourgeois fun! 😃


Hi Silver Sister! Long-time- no see! I just wanted to pop in an have a super quick, little chat with you. Just something that came to mind and I wanted to share!

For as long as I've been blogging about going gray, I've received regular emails from fellow silver sisters about the trials and tribulations of growing out our hair. Often these emails made me feel sad because the sweet women writing me were themselves sad. Some didn't love their newly gray hair and were unsure of what to do. Some felt terrible guilt for deciding to color their hair after a time of growing it out. There has been a lot of talk of being a "failure" over "just not being able to do it." 

I want to tell you, although I often sit here and cheer on the "Silver Sister," I hold just as much respect, admiration and love for all of our Silver Sisters who just happen to be silver underneath their brunette, blond, black and red hair. It's true! It is absolutely, 100% ok to just be the version of YOU, that works the best for YOU! 😊

In fact, I often find myself responding to these emails with the truth- the truth that, if my gray hair had grown out all those years ago, and I didn't like it enough, I'd be searching to the ends of the earth for a brown hair dye that I wasn't allergic to. I'd still be brunette today!

So, gray or not, short hair, long hair, no hair, it's all ok. Go easy on yourself know that you are great just the way you are. 💖

Until next time!
Love,
Lauren 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox






No comments :