Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Abita Amber Braised Cabbage

Courtesy of Chef Gregg Collier, at the Redfish Grill in New Orleans. I had this with "Cast iron skillet blackened Louisiana redfish", but I have this feeling it will be good with a lot of different foods. Or by itself! Cabbage is great, right? See last week's Produce Thursday for more examples.

Without further ado, here is Abita Amber Braised Cabbage. My comments are in parentheses.

Ingredients
1 head green cabbage (in the dish it appeared grated or shredded)
3, carrots, peeled & julienned
2, yellow onions, sliced
12oz, Abita amber beer
2oz, butter
Pinch Kosher & black pepper

Directions
Place sauce pot on medium high heat, place butter in pot add onions & let sweat then add beer, cabbage & salt & pepper, let this braise until cabbage is just tender then stir in carrots & let simmer 5 minutes then use.

Sounds great, right? I will try to make this over the next couple of days an report back on my results. Meanwhile the Redfish Grill cookbook is in progress, look for it this fall.

1 comment:

Judy said...

This sounds DIVINE! I'm printing it out and saving it for when my days of being the milk wagon are over (I'm on the prison diet right now - bread and water - everything else messes with Tyler apparently...maybe that's why I love the food stuff on your site!).