Wednesday, October 03, 2012

October!!!!!! (Let's Try this Post Again.)

I'm sorry for that tangent about imaginary animals yesterday. Sometimes, I just can't help it. It's not easy for someone with adhd, to stay on track. Like, ever.

But I'm back! Tryin' again.  October! The best month ever!
I'll get to the point. There's a skip in my step simply for the fact that it's October. Octooooooooooooobeeeeeeeer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Image, Pinterest

Hello October, I welcome you. 
To me, the month is everything because it's quintessential fall. It's the middle of Autumn, the real meat of it.  This kind of sums up how I feel about October and fall:





If you 'd like to see some beautiful Autumn images and a few great fall ideas, click HERE to see the Autumn Pinterest board that I have been curating. 


ignitelight:

It's a little odd, and I'm sad, that tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be 79 degrees! Seventy-nine!? This is Michigan, not some southern state. No offense summer, but could you please go away?

The following are some things that I love about this season: or Aka...."I have some pictures to unload."

Everything past 4:00pm has a warm glow.

    It's still warm enough, that the city hasn't shut off the fountain. (But you still get to wear sweaters.)                                     

The grocery stores sell those cinnamon brooms that annoy your husband.
                                               

Still light after dinner, still flowers in bloom.

This.

The pond has floating leaves that match the swimming koi.

This I DON'T like. :(   People get greedy and decide to tear-down for bigger, instead of rehabbing. 

You can brush off walks in the cemetery as "fall color" walks.
(Although, you don't need an excuse, it's really ok.)

You can visit your house's first documented owner, Mrs. Ann Stickney, and bring her fall flowers!
(Ann moved into our house in 1868!)

And last, but certainly not least,  you can make homemade applesauce. Yum! 


2 comments:

Anna Margaret said...

Lauren! loved you "october" the list of why u like it was so spot on! It alwys puts a spring in my step also! Just reading you here shows me how much you love and truly relish life! No wonder it's lovely and fun to be with you-even if it's only e-mail or over the phone! You are a real gift to me, and may I say a friend and what it must feel like to have a darling daughter!

Lauren said...

Oh Anna Margaret, you are the best! I feel just the same, you are a special gift to me! Thank you for reading and for your kind-hearted comment. <3
I can't wait in until we finally meet in person!
xoxox