Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm Hooked!

Wow, I just rubbed aluminum-oxide crystals on my face to remove a layer of skin in hopes of looking younger! I CAN'T believe it. I really can't, can't, can't. I've finally went out and bought my first anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, rough old skin product. My skin has been looking dull, and I've noticed some newish lines and sun damage, not to mention stress break outs. It was time for something beyond my wash and moisturize routine. 
I wanted to know what all the young women in the locker room of the JCC were talking about, when they mentioned their dermabrasion appointments. They talked about these appointments ALL THE TIME.  I didn't want to pay appointment prices, so I checked things out on drugstore.com
That's where I found Boot's  No7. Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion Exfoliator. The price was right and it got good reviews.
I just used it tonight, with lots of apprehension might I add. (It's scary to rub scratchy aluminum on your face.) But.....immediately, as the lotion was off, my skin was so lovely and soft and smooth! I'm hooked! I can't wait until Friday when I can do it all over again.
They say it takes about four applications to really see results. They also say you shouldn't use this product more than twice a week. You have to be careful because the skin needs time to regenerate new skins cells, and it can leave you prone to sun burn, so cover up with an SPF.
Just thought I would share.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am such a wuss but I totally need to try something like this...something more intense than my usual old-lady routine!