Sunday, July 22, 2007

Chelada!



Yick. My friend Scott saw this at a 7-Eleven in California this week. Mixers I like in my beer: club soda, lemonade. Mixers I'm not certain about: reconstituted tomato juice concentrate and reconstituted dried clam broth.

Best part of the Wikipedia article: "Mott's has taken steps to protect its trademark, running print, radio and television advertisements which attempt to distinguish Mott's Clamato from generic tomato-clam beverages." Because "Three X's" tomato clam broth in the plain can is really digging into their sales. I can't wait for the Sam Adams Beefamato.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Just give me a Corona and a lime and I'm set...or a lager.

What's this clamato business? Are they kidding? Ew.

Jeremy said...

Clamato?

That's the furthest thing from Chelada style beer.

I drank more than a few of these in Mexico, and it seems like it's the new "flavor of the month".

For the original recipe, check out the Wikipedia entry.