Saturday, July 04, 2009

Lost in Translation

* I was struck the other night by just how many posts we slotted as "drafts" over the years. They've never been published. Some were half finished and forgotten, a few too poorly written, some embarrassing, leaving me unable to hit the publish button. My goal is to slowly publish all of these drafts, even in their partially finished form, like the one below. I think it's important because they provide, tiny, random snap shots into our lives over the past four and a half years.
The post below was originally written on September 3rd, 2005, while sitting in a hotel room in Cleveland, trying to get Noah to nap.

I feel like Charlotte from one of my favorite movies; Lost In Translation. She too was left behind in a hotel room, in a strange city, while her husband worked. The only difference is she was left behind ALONE, with no crying baby...oh! And Charlotte got Tokyo, I got Cleveland.

Jon is working to promote his company at a near by airshow. We were originally coming to Cleveland to see Jon's Grandmother, which we will do tomorrow, but as soon as his boss caught word, Jon was asked to work the show another day.

Now I want to catch the next plane back to Detroit.

No comments: