Thursday, April 28, 2005

Once Upon a Time.....



Once upon a time, a long time ago, I had so much free time on my hands that I started trying out crafting projects in Martha Sterwart magazine. I saw this article about a woman who made a beautiful wedding bouquet out of flowers made from tiny seed beads. I decided to try it being that I didn't have any diapers to change or laundry loads full of tiny socks and burp clothes to do. Although I only got through three flowers rather than a full arrangment due to a lack of ritalin supply, my fine craft did not go to waste. After counting out percise rows of impossibly small beads for days and days on end,I mounted the gorgeous gems on a ribbon and presented it to my friend Caroline for her Birthday. My creation: a choker. Um yeah...I thought she could wear it out. Like to a bar or dinner or something. Yeah, the giant flower and the velvety leaves and the fake bird. All right there, all around her neck. Yeah, pretty seductive and cool huh? Sorry Caroline. I'll whip up something even more awesome next year!

No comments: