If you make these make sure they don't attack you, they're that killer. These are very shoots I had the other night, and they are the bomb.
1. Buy about a pound of the best asparagus you can find.
2. Make some mushroom risotto, these go great with it. See a few days ago for details.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. When the risotto has about 20 minutes to go, turn the heat down to 375 and get out a Pyrex baking dish.
4. Place the shoots in the dish. Take some good olive oil and sprinkle it liberally over the aspargus, and then roll with your hands to coat.
5. Cook uncovered until your risotto is ready - you will know the asparagus is done when it is a little charred.
6. Squeeze a little lemon on top and hit it with some table salt. You're ready to eat.