Sunday, October 04, 2015

A New Gray Hair Book! Susan Paget's "Gray Hair Adventure: Things I Learned About Life When I Stopped Dyeing My Hair!



Dear Silver Sisters, 

Have I ever told you about my friend and fellow silver sister Susan Paget, A.K.A. The Change Guru!? 

I met the wonderful Sue several years ago when she approached me about a gray hair interview for a podcast. Since then I've been hooked on her humorous but calm and reassuring approach to helping and inspiring women as they grow and change throughout life. I love Sue! Please take a peek at her website and Youtube page or join her warm and welcoming Facebook page if you haven't already. I'm truly sharing this recommendation from my heart, Susan's positivity and guidance has helped me personally and think you will love her encouragement too. 

Susan embarked on her our gray-hair-growout journey and enthusiastically shared all the ups and downs and observation and tips with the world. I loved watching her blog updates, Sue has beautiful hair and she always makes me laugh. I come away feeling upbeat and encouraged! :)

I was thrilled to recently hear that Sue has written a book about her experience! And not only that, but she kindly sent me a copy to read and.....I was AMAZED and HONORED to hear that she mentioned How Bourgeois in her book!!! (See, that's just how nice Susan is). 

I just had to share and tell all of you. The book is called - Gray Hair Adventure: Things I Learned About Life When I Stopped Dyeing My Hair and it has just launched!  (Just so you know, I am not being paid to advertise Sue's book, I really just think you'd like it).
For the month of October, a kindle version is available for just 99 cents on Amazon, and if  you prefer, the paperback is priced at only $11.99.

Here's a little book trailer that Susan made. It can tell you a bit more. 
Everybody, meet your Change Guru!!!



For the sake of total disclosure, I have not been able to complete the book yet, but I know it's such a helpful and uplifting memoir and I wanted to share with you instead of waiting. Some of my sweet readers have written to me when they noticed that I haven't been around much this past month. (Also the reason that I haven't had time to complete Sue's book). Everyone is doing well, but a little over a month ago, my schedule suddenly flipped on it's head and now I am busy Monday through Friday without the time I used to have to blog. I can go more into it at a later time, but everybody is ok. I'm hoping to get back to a normal schedule asap! :) Until then, I miss you and please consider this wonderful, wonderful book. It's when we share our stories that we find strength and joy along the way.

Until next time!
xoxoxoxox, 
Lauren :)











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren,

Glad to hear all is well with you and yours and that you haven't decided to purchase one of those cute little compact trailers you wrote about previously and blaze a trail out on the open road for a life of adventure. If you ever do decide to do such a thing, please take us, your faithful readers along with you. We want to hear about all of your escapades even if it's only from the comfort of our armchairs. You could call your blog series "Blazin' a Trail the How Bourgeois Way", but then again that's exactly what you already do and we love reading all of your life observations. Happy to know you'll be back with us soon Lauren.

warm regards from one of your faithful readers,

Christine