Monday, June 22, 2009

Ah, to be a kid again...if only for the summer.....

I just picked the guy up from his first day of summer camp. We decided to sign him up at his school's day camp, which is open to the public and has a great mix of old and new friends. I've heard people say wonderful things about the camp for years, but my goodness, now I know exactly why they've been talking. Check out the things the kids will be doing in just the first two weeks of camp which will be "Magic" week and then "Halloween" week:

A magician show
Pony rides (every other week during summer)
Puppet Show (every other week during summer)
Moonwalk weekly
Counselor hunt all over campus
Scary door decorating contest
Halloween costume contest
Trick-or-treating
Dance class
Science class
Drama
Swimming in the pool (daily)
Two snack times
Hot lunch
Games time
Computer Class
Cooking Class
Crafts
Photography Class
Music Class
Pottery Class
Field adventure
Nature walks
P.E.
Oh, and rest/quiet time.



I'm not surprised that Noah is fast asleep. He was pretty exhausted when I came to pick him up. I'll try to upload some pictures from drop-off this morning. He was THRILLED to be back with his buddies.
*! And a BIG thank you to none other than Mrs. Jennifer Livernois for my new, FABULOUS lap desk which I am typing on now! Thanks. :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds AWESOME! I am pretty sure Tyler'd love it...how about I ship him up to you for a while?

Elisabeth said...

Lauren, I'm thrilled to see Roeper Camp made the blog. I love it! See you tomorrow at camp!