MeAgan tagged me with this Meme and so did my friend Bree who has a secret, annon blog I might not want to link to. They cool.
1. I can speak/write/read Japanese, at one point, I was fairly fluent. I dated a boy from Japan in college for two years. Ate a lot of raw fish and sang a lot of Utada Hikaru in the karaoke box.
2. As a kid I wore plaid glasses. The frames were a red tartan, which kids made fun of me daily for. I was called "Scotch Tape". One day in third grade a bag piper came to our class. He decided to choose one person to try and blow on the bag pipes. All of those stupid kids were raising and flailing their arms. can you guess who he picked?
3. I played on the boy's lacrosse team in high school because there wasn't a girl's team. We started a petition and the next year a girl's team was formed. It's still successful today.
4. I'm obsessed with the Beatles, more so John Lennon. Saved all of my babysitting money one summer when I was 13 for a signed Yoko Ono book called "Grapefruit". I had it on lay-away at the Cranbrook Art Museum. I wanted to be Avant- garde just like them.
5. Things I don't care for: Our current leader and govenment, the bias of organized religion, the Iraq war, telephones, hunters, the way Americans live in some respects, peanut butter, Hummers, meat.
6. I have a lot of regrets in life and don't want to make anymore. I should have moved to New York, I should have taken my Ritalin more to study, I should have stuck with my original major (psycology) I should have started grad school already. I should have had my hair professionally done for Yuko's wedding.
7. I have only had one driving ticket in the past 13 years. I went right on red when I was 16...BUT...when I was 15 and driving with my father, I sideswiped a school bus! It was hard to see. I like to drive, I'm good with a manual, I drove our car in San Francisco on hills like this.
8. I'm good at fake smiling, only because I don't want you to ask how I am.
9. Once I went to London and fell asleep in Les Mis. Once I went to New York and sat next to Woody Allen at a bar. I ordered my first espresso to be cool, I was 11. The next year my father packed up and moved to NYC, I was pissed.
10. When I was seven I had visions of my insignificance as a human on planet earth and in relation to the wholeness of the universe. It scared me to see this ultimate of truths and I had to sleep in my parents room for a while because I'd always see this as I was falling asleep. I have finally found where I belong, I'm a Theosophist and now it all makes more sense.
The only person I tag is jon, just because he has a lot of interesting things to say and just because most of the people I know have already done this.