Monday, August 21, 2006

Dream Cruise Recap

It rained, a lot, on Saturday. I did not feel like dragging myself through the spray to look at cars under tarps, so we waited until it cleared up to head to the cruise. Fortunately the skies parted around 2, and the rest of the day was nice. Since our day was abridged, I tried to focus on the notable and the weird. This Chevy is just like the one my dad's father drove.



A rare BMW Isetta. This one looks like it must have belonged to Janis Joplin.



A better-than-new Delorean:



Although this is how they should have come from the factory:



Enough Corvettes that you can actually pick your favorite color:



This is interesting to me too - rolling sculpture extends to cars that have had tough lives. There's beauty here:



If your idea of elegance extends to trucks, you'll enjoy this. There's something really clean about this particular combination of green and white paint and fake wood trim:



I guess this is OK too, and I had to drag Lauren away from an older Rolls with huge pontoon fenders. Crazily, you can find really stunning ones for less than a new BMW would cost.

4 comments:

Kendra Lynn said...

I LOVE old cars!
I bet you all had a great time. :)

Kendra

George said...

the delorean is stunning. i would like to get my hands on one of those one day... and perhaps a rolls royce as well.

Judy said...

I showed Scott your pics - he drooled over the truck! He's an old truck kind of guy, so the dreamy look in his eyes at the sight of that green monster was no surprise to me.

Girl in the D said...

Thanks for passing the link along to this post on Detroit Metroblogging and for sharing your experience and pictures. Looks like you had a great time and saw some cool cars : )