Wednesday, December 19, 2007

feed me Seymour, feed me

How appropriate Lauren's post is - when I thought things could not get more weird, my secret elf gift yesterday was Dionaea muscipula, popularly known as the Venus flytrap. Note that it appears to have arrived eating a yellow sac spider.



I also received another cassingle, "You Got It (The Right Stuff)" by a band called "New Kids on the Block," and you know you were all totally into this in 1988, don't deny it. Check out how tough these guys look in their subway car!



Well done elf! I can't wait for Friday's grand finale.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

SICK! Couldn't it just enjoy a nice soy alternative?

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

sweet. i'm not going to deny it. if it were 1989 and you had that single, i probably would have promised my first-born to you in trade.

ask my sister if she every had a, say, cat, who may have possibly been named after a member of nkotb.

there, i said it.

Lauren said...

OMG! You didn't just admit that to the interweb Meagan. Day-um!Which new kid?

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

sarah named our cat (get ready for this- deep breath so i can get it all out...)

jordan nathaniel marcel knight-schneider

she was in 8th or 9th grade at the time. and so in love.

personally, i was all about joey.

Lauren said...

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That is SO funny! Oh my gosh. It's a shame Sarah isn't here to defend herself. (hee hee). It's pretty cute of her though. Oh my gosh. Well, at least she ended up with a "Nathaniel", which is almost "Jordan".

I can't really rip on her because once I named my gerbil "John Lennon".