Monday, September 17, 2007

San Francisco

I have been a little busy lately, but I did something pretty fun last week and I can talk about it now. A little over a week ago I got to go and visit a big computer company in California about some accessories we want to make, and we had a great meeting. That's all there is to say about that right now.

One positive side effect of going out there was that I got to spend the afternoon in San Francisco before I flew back. Here are the highlights.

Literally 3 billion tourists have taken this picture. Whatever. All of the pictures are worth zooming, there is cool detail.



The real reason I was standing on that particular corner was that the former cafe Niebaum-Coppola (can't recall the new name) is right across the street from someplace really good to eat - Chef Jia.



Nestled between the "Thailand Health Spa" and the (much more famous) House of Nanking, Chef Jia is the best Chinese restaurant in San Francisco. We can debate this, but I'd put it up against anyone's food. You don't get matching plates, cloth napkins, or even excessive friendliness, but you do get great, inexpensive food.

Here is lunch - Curry Crab Puffs and Honey Chili Prawns.



No comments: