Friday, August 17, 2007

Dream Cruise Pre-Cap



This is funny, but I'm not sure it's a good use of the wall. Usually Chevrolet rents the side of the 555 Building in Birmingham to hang something like a giant '57 Bel Air or '69 Camaro. This year, it's a plug-in electric concept. Cool car, but right for the Dream Cruise? I'm not sure I'm feeling it. People love the Dream Cruise because it's a hazy, hi-test nostalgia trip. Is the Volt cool? Yes. Does it belong hanging over Woodward this weekend? I don't think it's a fit. I understand that they need the exposure for the model, but this weekend is about old cars. Maybe this flies in under the "whacked-out" provision where you bring something really special to the party, but all things considered, I'd rather see a '58 Impala on the side of the building.

No comments: