Thursday, August 02, 2007

How Do I Put This Delicately.........

A video from the Huffington Post has been going around e-mail between our friends lately. Max Blumenthal produced this short piece on the Christians United for Israel's annual Washington-Israel Summit.

I always say "variety is the spicy of life!" and dearly love all of my friends from different backgrounds. I do feel to each their own beliefs and don't mean to come off as offensive, but......um.....how could I not find this just a little, oh.....bizarre? I mean, you could see how maybe a Jewish person (ie. myself depending on the day), or a non-religious person would find this fascinating and um.... a tad bit irrational? Honestly, it is a little offensive too since according to these peeps, I'm going to hell for not accepting their beliefs. I don't think these well meaning people are going to hell for not believing what I do. Actually, maybe that point is moot because I don't believe in hell......

Anyway, I'm posting this because it is the most wild thing I've seen in a while. A word of warning though, if you are religious and easily offended, don't watch it. There isn't anything bad in the video, I just know this is just an emotionally heated topic.

P.S. My favorite parts happen around 3:32 and 9:36 in the film.

Click HERE to see the post if you want.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Oh Jesus. Er, God. God and Jesus! Ishmael too! You aren't going to hell. Neither am I. We are going to the place where all the cute shoes and handbags are because we are good peeps, duh. I hope there is an all-you-can-eat pasta bar there,too or I'm going to have to go all loco on some diciples and rabbis.