n. pl. bourgeois
- A person belonging to the middle class.
- A person whose attitudes and behavior are marked by conformity to the standards and conventions of the middle class.
- In Marxist theory, a member of the property-owning class; a capitalist.
- Of, relating to, or typical of the middle class.
- Held to be preoccupied with respectability and material values.
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
I guess my readers can judge over time if any of this is true, or if the assessment below is merely snide.