Monday, January 09, 2006

"Starbucks Economics - Solving the mystery of the elusive "short" cappuccino."

There's a really fascinating article on Slate.com this morning about how to get a better cup of coffee from Starbucks. Essentially it tells you how to order a "shorter," better cappuccino, even though it's not on the menu.

Honestly? I don't think this will have much impact, since most of the people I know either order ginormous coffees on principle or get them with flavoring and whipped cream. Reality in my 'hood is that tiny, tasty coffee doesn't have the appeal of a huge bucket of sugar. I'm going to try a short cappuccino though, because I have never really believed that value is measured solely in quantity.

2 comments:

Judy said...

The 'short' I believe is the same as a kiddie cup for hot cocoa...not positive, but almost certain. I always try to get at the very most a 'tall' simply because I'm too cheap to buy it myself and I want my giftcard to last foh-evah!

Kendra Lynn said...

I agree that quality beats quantity almost every time.
I'm not sure I'm up for a plain cappuccino, though. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who likes the very flavored mocha's.
Oh well.
Enjoy yours.