Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bum, bum, bum, bum buh duh dum

The post title is how you hum the the hook from "Viva Las Vegas." I just back in this morning from the Consumer Electronics Show, and boy my arms are tired! Thank you, I'll be at Bally's all week.

Sorry, I'm on three hours of sleep, I got home at 6am.



I have such a love-hate thing going with Nevada. On the one hand, the food's great, and I finally got a great strip view this time. On the other, there is a lot of weirdness and I have a hard time with the idea that the whole city is premised on separating people from their money. There are all these amazing structures dedicated to separating people from their money. Even if you don't gamble, a Vegas trip at one of the better properties costs a lot of money. Having spent a few days at one of the lesser hotels, it's worth it.

I guess I have learned to enjoy the spectacle, and use a lot of anti-bacterial hand gel. I'll post up some pictures from my trip, it is always interesting.

1 comment:

Judy said...

The two times I've been to Vegas, my favorite part was Hoover Dam (okay, okay, not Vegas but closer than Texas!). I know, very touristy, but for those of us who look at mesquite trees all the time and flat ranchland, that place rocks. I loved it that Scott and I could stand in different states! I wonder if anyone has ever gotten married at Hoover dam on the state line??? That would be bizarre!