Thursday, July 28, 2005

Truth in Tonic

Last night we had a barbecue at Ken's house to celebrate the hiring of two new sales executives (more on that in a while). As I was helping to clean up after dinner, I noticed that Ken had purchased both tonic water and diet tonic water.




"Hmm." I thought. "Why would anyone want diet tonic water? What is in regular tonic water that would cause someone to deviate from their 'diet'?"




The only difference between the two that I could find upon reviewing the ingredients and nutritional information is that diet tonic water has slightly more sodium than regular tonic water. If someone from Canada Dry emails me how adding salt to tonic water makes it diet tonic water, I will be happy to publish the reply. Otherwise I am just mystified.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Stein,

Your comparison doesn't hold tonic water...
They BOTH say "diet".

Jonathan said...

Wow, You're right!

I blew this one big time. Still doesn't explain why they have two different sodium levels though.