Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Pasties

Last night I dreamt that I met with Jane and Michael Stern, authors of the “Road Food” Column in Gourmet and frequent guests on “The Splendid Table” on NPR. We had dinner, and I informed them that I had been let down by their high praise of “Cousin Jennie’s Pasties” in Traverse City on The Splendid Table (which is true), because when we went there a couple of weeks ago the pasties were only average, and they were sold out of everything but Steak and Vegetable flavors.

Hey, I didn’t say it was a good dream.

Interpretation: You know that Wu-Tang song C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me)? Well, I'm all about that C.R.E.A.M. too - but mine refers to Cuisine. We're all about getting that cheddah, but mine's really an aged cheese. This dream means that the pasties really were average. Dry too. The cherry pie we got from the Traverse City Pie Company right afterward was phenomenal though, so it was worth the drive.

Dollah bill y'all.

No comments: