Friday, July 15, 2005

Crunchwrap Supreme


Now for a capriciously bizarre post compared to that last sentimental one. I finally got to eat a Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme.


Looks tasty, right?


Well, it was OK. Kind of bland, and the cheddar cheese sauce was just sick, I'm not sure why they didn't just use the standard grated Taco Bell cheese. Unless they did and it just melted in, in which case they should have left it off, because something was not working here. Adding a lot of Tabasco sauce improved these immeasurably.


They are filling though, as I did not finish my second one. I am not sure if I couldn't or didn't want to, but who cares? Overall the whole tortilla wrapped around a flat taco feels like eating a bread sandwich. They have executed this concept brilliantly before (remember the double decker taco? Amazing), but this falls short, because there is not enough meat, too much lettuce and sour cream, and the cheese just turns weird. The hungry would be better served by getting several regular tacos and some fire sauce.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I suspected that these weren't any good.

But they're folded so elegantly and intricately. It would be like eating oragami.

Judy said...

Glad I haven't tried this yet - not gonna.

But, now we're having quesadillas for dinner tonight because these suckers remind me of them!