Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Congratulations Adam

I want to add something to Lauren's post below. We had a good time this weekend, but I'm sad that we missed my friend Adam's wedding. One of the things about parenting that never occurred to me is how you have to re-prioritize and pass on things you used to be able to do spontaneously. Adam got married in Southeast Ohio, about a 6 or 7 hour drive from Detroit, near Ohio University. We couldn't go because Noah couldn't make a drive like that, and I know he wouldn't be able to handle a wedding schedule on top of it. Children were graciously welcome, but he is just too small. It is hard sometimes to pass on things you really want to do, but I couldn't put him through a trip like that.

Adam and I have been friends for about 12 or 13 years, since early high school, and in that time have done the following things I will admit to on the internet:

a. thrown bean burritos at road signs, with burritos purchased intentionally for that purpose;

b. named each other 'rally car' and 'too fast for conditions' for feats of automotive daring under conditions of extreme snow and/or mist;

c. become drunk on MD 20/20;

d. performed in musical comedy;

e. pushed a Volkswagen bus to a maximum road speed of 54 miles per hour, downhill, with a tailwind;

Plus a lot of other stuff. Sorry we couldn't make it Adam, I hope your wedding was a huge success and Lauren and I wish you and Jenny much luck and love.

No comments: