Friday, March 15, 2013

Spotty and Flowery, But at Least I'm Full!

Dear Greatly Appreciated Small Amount of Readers,

I just wanted to tell you the following about a most delicious, and incredibly quick made lunch, and an outfit which includes spots AND florals. Because I can.

How many times have you also dashed out of the door for the market , like a fool, without breakfast or lunch in your stomach? Right, you come home with bag fulls of highly regrettable, snacky purchases.
If you've heard it once, you've heard it a million times: DON'T GO GROCERY SHOPPING HUNGRY!

For once I decided to take heed. I am about to be on my way now, but wanted to stop and share this:

The World's Most Delicious and Easy Lunch Sandwich. Or Close There to It.


All you need is five minutes, and a small pan.
Bread
Pesto
Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella
olive oil or butter

Take two slices of bread, any kind you please. I used gluten-free, so this is also GF friendly.
Butter the outside of each slice, or heat a small amount of olive oil in a little pan. You could try Grape seed oil too.
Spread just a bit of pesto on the inside of each slice. (You can opt. out of pesto, although I do recommend something, especially when winter tomatoes are not quite as flavorful. )
Alternatives to pesto can be things such as garlicky mayonnaise, a nice balsamic, or perhaps fresh basil.

Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper if you are NOT using the pesto. The pesto it's self is very salty.
Slice a tomato as thin as you can, also some fresh mozzarella, very thinly too. Arrange it on the bread and simply toast for approximately 2-4 minutes on each side. Keep an eye on things, they brown quickly! Serve with the leftover tomato, or anything that you would like.

See? So easy, and now I can go to Trader Joe's and not pass out from low blood sugar in the frozen food aisle. Yay!

Also, I tried to wear jeans again today. You know that I for one, hate how I look in them, but more so, I'm neurotic about wearing SOFT things, and jeans are not so soft. At least, not compared to thick cotton tights and dresses with sweaters. I bailed around 11:00am, and opted for a happy, more comfortable ensemble'. I give you:  Spotty & Flowery!


Muuuuuch better. I'm starting to think if you just dress me in adult-size infant clothes. You know, onsies and those warm, soft sleepers. I'll be a much happier and content person.

Ok! Off to the grocery! I'm feeling quite cooky, wanting to cook, but sadly, I won't have the time until Sunday. In the meantime though, I'm scheming up what I will make next. I hope it will be from Yotam Ottolenghi's new-ish cookbook - Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London's Ottolenghi
What's with that title? Ottolenghi is a possession of London? London is a living thing? I suppose it could be..... I've only been once, and it was long long ago, but  it.was. magical. Even more so, dare I say, than New York. I didn't just say that!? I still love you New York!

At any rate, off to the races!

xo,
Lauren

No comments: