Sunday, June 17, 2012

Yes! A New(ish) Symphony of Science Song in Tribute to Mister Rogers.!

(I know the following has been going around the Internet for a while, but I just wanted to make sure that nobody miss it! The song is that great!)


For those of you who know me on Facebook, you might remember that I am obsessed. OBSESSED with Symphony of Science's song "A Glorious Dawn" by John Boswell. John set out with his Symphony of Science project to cultivate interest and understanding of science and philosophy with music! I can't get enough of his auto-tuned samples, meaningful choruses, and truly beautiful electronic melodies. They really are gorgeous songs. Here is my favorite with Carl Sagan - featuring Stephen Hawking
 "A Glorious Dawn".





I've recently come across this collaboration between Symphony of Science and PBS Digital Studios.  Together they came up with a FABULOUS song paying tribute to Mister Rogers, and his impact on the growth of children's minds for so many years.





Isn't that great!? Thank you Mister Rogers. I will never forget how crayons are made.


On a side note, I was looking for a compilation of trolley in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe clips, to show Noah. The first thing we saw was this:





Hello....AWESOME!
If you want to make a seven-year-old go out of his mind with laughter, just let him play this repeatedly, as many time as he'd like.
(While you walk, RUN out of the room.)

No comments: