Monday, September 08, 2008

Music to My Ears......

I just remembered how much I used to love my La's album..."The La's". It was 1991, freshman year, and I played that CD...or was it a casette? I think CD... I played it a lot.
Feelin
Way Out
Timeless Melody
Ahem....also in 1991, my eclectic taste in music spanned to the following albums, which were my "while snowboarding" music. Ahhh...to be young, free and the only chick on the mountain.

A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing; Black Sheep

People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm; A Tribe Called Quest
Dead Serious; Das EFX...(winter 91'/92')

Then I very briefly dated the owner and creator of Ghostly Records, (nice guy), after meeting at a bar mitzvah. He made me a mixtape with THIS and THIS.

Oh my god, and then there was that time a year earlier when my Dad bought me that Jesus Jones Cassette. Doubt.

Do not forget Groove is in the Heart by Deee-Lite
Wait! And this one time, my Dad was in New York and he ran into Freedom Williams from
C + C Music Factory and he had Freedom call me at home, after school one. I was all over that shit. Everybody Dance Now! Oh, can you just picture it? My awkward, pubescent self, dancing around in our basement, jam box booming. Nobody there but me and the music.

Of course and of course.
and Shhhhhh

So eventually I became obsessed with THIS, until my friends threatened to seriously not hang out with me anymore unless I stopped playing it. Which had actually been replacing all THIS obsession.
Later would come THIS.
And then I had a Phreak out and was all THIS.
But honestly, I am still 100% THIS.
We love you Jerry!
After all of that I became like THIS. And my all time favorite DJ is HIM.
I still liked THIS and really got into THAT.
And if you have read this far, I love you. Good night.

1 comment:

Judy said...

LOL - oh I read it, and I hovered over the linkies to see what they were, but I wasn't about to click on your link-fest there! WOW!