Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Garden Update, 6/3/8



So, we're coming along pretty well now. Noah and I are watering every other evening when it doesn't rain. There's no science there, it just seems like the right amount. The tomatoes are on their way, all of the herbs are producing enough for dinner already, and the rest of the plants have taken root pretty well.

This weekend the focus will be on enriching the soil (ie dumping in some new topsoil) because I was too lazy to do that prior to planting, and continuously rearranging the bricks until I like the pattern. Other than that, there's not much to report, except that the chives are fabulous this year. Note glowing garden squirrel to scare off predators.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Look at your great plants! I need to do a garden update this weekend...thanks for reminding me!

Ours are coming along, but we're in a HORRIBLE drought right now - it is all I can do to keep the squash from withering away with the lettuce and carrots (it is really too hot for lettuce here - mainly a fall crop - but I had to try). I really wish we'd get some rain, less wind and some cooler temps - is that too much to ask?

Anonymous said...

I think those are chives - you need to chop off the flower tops to keep em growing from what i was told... - laura