Friday, May 23, 2008

Random

I think the biggest reason that I rarely write here anymore, is because I dread using my brain to compose sentences and paragraphs and posts. It's just not the same as it used to be, my mind that is. Three and a half years of sleep deprivation and stress, the vocabulary is going and what little punctuation knowledge I used to have and my creativity has been seeping out. I just don't have faith in my abilities anymore.

So, I decided that maybe the best way to get back in the saddle here, is to post anything, even random thoughts. Little real-time snippets that don't take a ton of editing. Ok, here goes:

I just read on a design/mommy blog that I've been following, that the Mom had her baby today! An adorable little girl, born around her due date, 8lbs. 9 oz. and 21". On her blog, the mother posted a "before and after" shot.... the first picture of her big belly and the second of a new little baby. That's when it suddenly hit me....Noah was a really small baby, especially though, for being a week over due! No wonder the doctors in the hospital seem a little worried and kept testing his blood sugar and other things, that are now a blur, but were related to his small size. He was 6lbs, 1 oz. and 17". Or 17 &1/4"? Anyway, had he been born on his due date as this new, little girl online, theoretically Noah would have been about 5.5 lbs, which is small. I was 4lbs. 13oz, but two weeks early and Jon was 6lbs. 11 oz. and I'm not sure...
I suppose all of this in retrospect means nothing, but that is the point of this exercise...Random!

This evening we weighed and measured Noah, because since he isn't a big eater (think color/texture/stubbornness issues), we were instructed to keep an eye on things. His ped. gave us the number of their nutritionist and said it might not be a bad idea to get a consult. Many people brush this off as normal three year old pickiness, but, I know it's not. It's just part of Noah's uniqueness, which I might write about later. We really need to get him to eat more though, I might just bite the bullet and call. Today, at almost exactly three and a half years, he's 36" and 32lbs....about the 5th and 32nd percentile. That's about right on his curve as a two and three year old, so things are ok.

And that is my random post of the day!
PS. Rode over 30 miles in the first 48 hours on my bike, I'm loving it!!! So much fun.

1 comment:

Lins the pinkperson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.