Saturday, May 31, 2008

First & (Kind of) Last.......

I am just in love with this super cool picture that Sarah made of Joshua's first and last days of school this year. He's so adorable, and the picture is testimony to how quickly kids grow. Happy and sad at the same time! Sarah inspired me to make our own "First and almost Last" day of school picture also. (Noah's last day is actually in a few days. ) First though, you might remember the little side-by-side that I did last year of Noah's first days of summer camp 06' and 07'. Look how cute he was as a chubby little toddler.

Anyway, I whipped up a first and almost last day for this school year. It didn't come out nearly as cool as Sarah's, oh and...urg.......my kid didn't grow too much, so no neat growth effect, but here it is regardless:
I have some more pictures from this morning, of Noah wearing the same outfit that he did last fall, but the angles were really off, so it wasn't a good comparison, this is from the second take later in the morning . I'll post the extras on Flickr in a bit. Anyway, have a great Saturday!


3 comments:

Nate said...

Wow - that's pretty cool that you were able to take a pic in the same outfit. My incredible hulk has gone from a 3T when school started to a 4T pant and a 5T shirt. Unbelievable. I think he's going to be a giant.

My nephews were taller than me at age 8 - I think Josh may do it even sooner. This is not a normal growth curve :)

Lauren said...

Yeah, Josh sure knows how to grow! :)
Oh gosh, don't you hate that, when kids are taller than you!? It happens to me all the time.....

I suppose other than just being slightly concerned about Noah's lack of growth, it's kind of nice I can still quite easily carry him around. I get to "baby" him just a little longer. Oh yeah, and still fit him into some of those great, dorky, babyish outfits I like! Poor Noah! (fyi: his outfit, the one I re-dressed him in....12mo. shorts and I think 18 mo. shirt. That's a tad weird in the opposite way of Josh. I love our "odd couple kids!")

Sarah said...

Sorry that was me (Sarah) not Nate.