Wednesday, April 09, 2008

New Reading List

I'm retiring the old list, new one in the sidebar. Here's what I read:

New Rules: Polite Musings from a Timid Observer: The incomparable Bill Maher's ravings on everything. If you like Bill Maher you'll like the book.

The Other Woman: Twenty-one Wives, Lovers, and Others Talk Openly About Sex, Deception, Love, and Betrayal : Hate to say it, but I never got to this one. Great title though.

How I Learned to Cook: Culinary Educations from the World's Greatest Chefs: As one would expect, essays from famous or well-regarded chefs on how they started cooking. If you define "Great" as interesting or famous, then the title fits. Worth perusing.

Boogaloo on 2nd Avenue: A Novel of Pastry, Guilt and Music: I love Mark Kurlansky's nonfiction writing (Salt, Cod, The Big Oyster, etc), and I really enjoyed this book. Is it a major contribution to the body of American Literature? Probably not. A funny book? Yes, occasionally laugh-out-loud. I would take that over a somber Moby Doorstop daily.

No comments: