Monday, March 10, 2008

At Least He Won't Have Problems Passing Roadside Sobriety Tests



(Before I go any further with this post, I need to acknowledge the fact that I'm sure you are getting quite sick of hearing me fawn over my child. I know how unbecoming it must be, to read about my incessant oohing and ahhing over his every word. Let me just say, that one of the main reasons we started this blog, when Noah was just six weeks old, was to keep a kind of multi-media, cyber diary. Something in addition to the baby book, so that someday, he can look back and see what life was like way back when. So, as annoying as my drooling might be, I just need to add these little anecdotes in, the ones that make me laugh or make me proud. Just skip over these posts if they're just too darn Mommy obnoxious.)

8:45 this morning, on the drive to school

Noah: 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 !
Me: Wow Noah! good job.
Noah: Mom, I can do the alphabet backwards too!
Me: Really?
Noah: Yeah, J-I-H-G-F-E-D-C-B-A ! Can you do that Mom?!
Me: (long, awkward silence....I'm thinking...) Um, no honey, I think I need some more coffee first. J-H-I-F.....wait. J-I-G..... Ugh, Noah, why don't you just do it again for Mommy!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Don't forget the zero! :-)

Actually, I *love* getting my Noah-fix - bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Seeing as I NEVER call, it's nice to keep my finger on the pulse of the household through here.

Laura said...

Wow, Noah continues to amaze me. Like Judy said, I love coming to your blog and getting my Noah and daily weirdness fixes! Keep it coming!

Oh, BTW, when I played the video of Noah reading, Caitlin said, "That little boy is smart. Maybe he can teach me to read too!"

Kendra Lynn said...

LOL...I love this kid! And miss him, too! Thanks for the great comment on my blog. I miss you guys and would LOVE to meet up at the library! My girls love books and spending time at any place with books. They love Borders, too. Except they always want to purchase a new book when we go, so I try to go with them only if the money is readily available for new books!
I love you...my very dear friend.

Kendra