Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Daniel

My brother came over yesterday for dinner, since he's in the Midwest for the week. We ordered a Sephardic Pizza from Jerusalem Pizza in Southfield. It's stuffed with tomatoes, cucumbers, baked eggplant, feta cheese, olive oil, and onions. The top is covered with garlic. It's filling, and according to the owners the second best thing on the menu (they recommend the falafel pizza next time).



Jerusalem Pizza is the only pizza place I know of that will let you mail them a check if you forget cash (they don't take credit cards). After dinner we walked to the park and let Noah run around for a while. A good day.

5 comments:

Kendra Lynn said...

Looks like you had a great time. :)
Noah, too! :)
and that pizza looked pretty good as well.

jdg said...

hey, I just got here through suburban bliss. I worked with Melissa at blogging baby. My wife and I keep a "tag team" parenting blog too (sweet juniper) so I've been enjoying both your posts.

Also, we're moving to Detroit from San Francisco next August and we're huge middle eastern food lovers and I am planning on spending my days seeking out the greatest meza platter in the detroit metro area. we'll definitely check out this pizza place too.

Jonathan said...

Dutch: there's still time, really think it over! It's so much harder to get back to San Francisco than it is to move out.

By the way, Lauren and I had a good Middle Eastern lunch (and cheap, too) at Caravans Restaurant in San Mateo. I couldn't tell you what we ate since that was in 2003, but I remember rolling out pretty stuffed.

Lauren said...

Dutch!!!! Wow! Yet another blogging idol. I'm a Sweet Juniper fan too!! I wish we were beck there in San Francisco, we miss it all the time, but, Detroit, there's some good things about it! Let us know if there is anything we can help you guys out with..ie) finding some good middle eastern food.

jdg said...

eh, we just put a bid on a house in detroit that wouldn't have even been a down payment out here. san francisco is a great city but it just ain't for me. I mean, I have to work here, whereas in detroit I get to be unemployed and drive around pretending the apocalypse happened and me, my baby, and a bunch of crackheads standing in line at the bank at 7:30 a.m. on the second friday of the month are the only people left on earth. I can't wait.