Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Jed needs your help!



Did you ever see Les Blank's wonderful documentary "Garlic is as Good as Ten Mothers"? If you have, you know the world needs more films about tasty ingredients.

My friend Robb's friend Jed was making a documentary about cilantro, and his equipment was stolen. He's selling t-shirts with this picture (and a nifty brown one) to raise money for a new camera. Here is where you can get one, and here is his story:

----- Original Message -----

Monday, November 28, 2005 1:10:09 AM

From: Jed
Subject: CILANTRO
To: Social
Marketplace

Dearest IRPS,

I come to you not in search of pity, but in search of awesome.

I've spent about a year working on a documentary about cilantro, the herb.
I've traveled the world talking to people about their love and hatred for
the herb and I'm happy to say that I think I've got the material for a
great little film on my hands.

The Friday before last, I went to a farm outside Ensenada (Baja) to film
the cilantro harvest and got some great footage. Unfortunately (for me),
however, my car was broken into while my key grip and I ate a taco dinner
before we headed back up to San Diego. My camera was stolen, along with
some other gear (I still have my tripod!). Anyway, I can only hope that
the camera is being well-used by someone who really wants it. Nonetheless,
I have to get a new camera to make this movie.

To raise funds to get a new camera, I'm selling Cilantro t-shirts. Now, I
want to make it clear that I don't want people buying shirts because they
feel sorry for me. I'd rather that my customers buy the shirt because they
want one!

You can see the design of the shirts [
http://agentlebossanova.net/cilantro/t-shirts/ ]HERE

While you can purchase the shirts at the site above, you can also pay me
cash if you're interested, which I'd actually prefer. Anyway, I hope
everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Here's to the end of the quarter! Good luck everyone!

BEST!

Jed

No comments: