Friday, August 26, 2005

Demoralizing Friday: Not getting hired by CMT


You might remember that back in February, I applied for a position as Vice President of the Dukes of Hazzard Institute at Country Music Television.

I didn't get the job, even though my entry was probably the best one they got and Waylon Jennings was one of my references. Yesterday I received this in the mail:


Funny, ever if it is 7 months past relevant. Nothing to do now but wait and see if I get hired on at the Patty Duke Library.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

It might have been hard contacting Mr. Jennings, as he died 3 years ago.

From my professional experience, it's not always best to put dead references on your list (and don't you think that the VP of DOH would know that he was dead?)

You should have put down James Best, a.k.a. Roscoe P. Coltrane, as your reference. He's alive and kicking and was recently out racing his police cruiser at the recent Dukesfest in Bristol, Tenn.