Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Run-in at Target



So as not to completely confuse you, this picture has nothing to do with the story. I thought I'd just add some visual interest with a cute picture of Noah when he was just a very wee boy.

So I was telling this story in an e-mail tonight and thought I'd share it with you too:

I was in Target the other day and this Mom just came up to me and said " Oh how old is your son"? I said "5 months" and she said ; "so is my daughter"! and then said "But she isn't as big as yours, more that size" where she pointed to my friend's more "slender" baby. Everyone makes fun of my baby's fabulous chub. Anyway though, so this complete stranger Mom in Target says ; "So, are you going to put your son in Birmingham schools"? I was like... "umm..uh..I guess I think so..um".(not knowing what to say) "Well you know" she said; "My daughter is the same age and I just had to put her on the waiting list for the preschool at Midvale and it's THE BEST you know"!

HELLO!!!!!!! My son is practically still a zygote and I don't know you!!!

I should have said something to really freak her out like; "Oh, I'm just planning to home school".

Jeez!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am getting a little tired of the comments I get with Tyler - he's only SIX months??? Are you sure (oh yeah, I couldn't possibly remember how old my baby is now, could I????)? He's so BIG! (no kidding lady.) What are you feeding him???

HaHa - I'm waiting for that one again, and I'm going to pop back with "Why, only french fries and a little softened ice cream, why do you ask?"

COME ON!!!

Anyway, I like my big boys - I don't feel like I am going to "break" them, and who doesn't love to smooch a faceful of cheek anyway, right?