Friday, December 14, 2007

An Open Letter to the Calphalon Corporation


Calphalon Consumer Relations

240 Metty Drive, Suite D
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

Dear Calphalon,

I am just writing to thank you for your quick response to the problem I wrote of in my letter dated December 1, 2008, which referenced the peeling non-stick coating on the inside of my "Calphalon Commercial Nonstick" 4.5 quart saucepan. I had enclosed thepan for replacement under your lifetime warranty.

I received my replacement this morning, exactly two weeks after sending in my peeling pan, and while I was certain that Calphalon would stand by its guarantee, it is good to know that there are some instances when a lifetime warranty is still a lifetime warranty. My own company has a lifetime warranty, and I seek it out when purchasing other products, because I see how much our customers appreciate having their problems solved expediently.



Based on my experience, I would certainly buy another Calphalon product, and I could recommend to anyone seeking fine cookware. I might think twice about nonstick coatings, but I like your hard-anodized products, and I like that you, like me, are from Toledo, the greatest city in our fair land. perhaps more importantly, you stood behind your product, respect your customers, and don't dink around with celebrity cookware.

In a nutshell, thanks for not undermining the confidence I had in your brand when we registered for cookware. Given the depth and breadth of shitty consumer experiences available in America, it's a relief when something just works right.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

No comments: